The Park collaborates with research institutions and universities with the aim of fostering knowledge of the environment, nature, related to sustainability and the enhancement of the tangible and intangible historical-cultural assets of the island.
Several projects are currently underway with various universities, and in parallel, the dialogue with communities of former Asinara residents and autonomous historical and cultural associations remains always active.
The Park Authority has been working for several years on the creation of a digital archive of publications concerning the island. Over time, the same body has edited several collections of essays that provide a general overview of Asinara’s naturalistic, environmental and cultural-historical heritage.
The goal in the near future is to create a database and make it accessible to the Asinara community and the entire public.
For anyone interested in learning more about the island, listed below is an essential bibliography that includes the books published by the Authority, scholarly disseminations devoted to different parentheses of the history and environmental profile, and some writings related to historical memory.
- Gazale V., 2023 – The Asinara National Park. Publisher C. Dauphin.
- Lily N., 2022 –
The Asinara: anastatic reprint.
. Vittorio Gazale presentation. Publisher C. Dauphin.
- Gaias, P. G., 2022 –
Asinara mosaic of peoples: prisoner of war concentration camp.
. Publisher Edes.
- AA.VV., 2015 –
Memories and current events between history and health: reflections on public health in Italy one hundred years after the Great War from the experience of Asinara and Vittoria
. Edited by. Paola De Castro, Daniela Marsili and Assunta Trova. National Institute of Health.
- Gorgolini L. 2011 – The damned of Asinara : the odyssey of Austro-Hungarian prisoners in World War I, UTET.
- AA.VV., 2008 –
Asinara: national park, marine protected area.
. Edited by Carlo Forteleoni, Vittorio Gazale. Publisher C. Dauphin.
- Gazale V., Congiatu P. 2005 – A practical guide to Asinara National Park, Sardinian Photographic Archive Publishing.
- Cassitta G., Spanu L., 2003 –
Asinara superprison: journey to the island of the forgotten
. Publisher F.lli Frilli.
- Cossu E., 1998 – Asinara. The island that is. The Graphics Editor.
- Gutierrez M., Mattone A., Valsecchi F., (eds.) 1998 -.
The island of Asinara, the history, the environment, the park.
. Polyhedron Publishing.
- Cossu A., Gazale V., Monbailliu X., Torre A., (eds.), 1993 – Asinara. History, nature, sea and environmental protection. Dauphin Publisher.
- Monbailliu X., Torre A., 1990 -.
Integrated natural resource management plan for Asinara Island.
- Ferrari G.C., 1929 –
Report of the camp of cholerous prisoners on the island of Asinara in 1915-1916.